Lyme & chronische sinusitis

Voor allerlei onderwerpen met vragen, informatie en discussie dat betrekking heeft op de ziekte van Lyme, maar dat niet bij de secties "Wetenschap" en "Medisch" past. Dus geen medische vragen.
Foetsie

Re: Lyme & chronische sinusitis

Berichtdoor Foetsie » Ma 1 Apr 2013 20:47

Oh, had ik nog niet gezien, bedankt!!

bamboe

Berichtdoor bamboe » Za 27 Apr 2013 23:44

Lyme-arts Klinghardt over sinusitis:
*All chronic fatigue patients have two things in common: First, viruses aren't their primary reason for fatigue. Rather, parasites and chronic sinus infections are more likely to be a primary cause. Eighty-six percent of people with CFS have parasites.

*Chronic, antibiotic-resistant staph, strep and mold infections in the sinuses produce mycotoxins which enter the hypothalamus and affect its function

*Treatment for these chronic sinus infections include:

-Rinsing the sinuses three times with a Neti pot concoction, comprised of 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp of zylitol. Zylitol bloats microbes.
-Re-setting the immune system in the mucous membranes with auto-urine therapy. When urine is sprayed in the nostrils, four times per day, for three weeks, autoimmune reactions in the nose are neutralized.
-Antimicrobial sprays can also be effective

*Chronic sinusitis is the most overlooked problem that most people have. Low back pain, migraines and fatigue can all be symptoms of sinusitis.

*Neural therapy and inserting a balloon of sorts up the nose (neural cranial restructuring) can reset the cranial bones so that proper air flow is restored to the sinuses and brain, and the rest of the spine aligns with the proprioception of the brain.
http://www.wellsphere.com/lyme-disease- ... me/1427576

zie ook deze link: http://www.fonteine.com/sinusitis.html

bamboe

Berichtdoor bamboe » Wo 3 Jul 2013 16:11

What do you recommend for chronic sinus infections?

Steve Wright: Cool. Well, let’s roll on for the next question from David. He asks, “What do you recommend for chronic sinus infections? This is, according to some reports, the most common chronic disease in the United States. Research by Mayo Clinic in 1999 found that virtually all (96%) cases of chronic sinusitis are caused not by bacteria but by fungus. So, what is your approach to this?”

Chris Kresser: Yeah, this is a big topic, and maybe we’ll do an entire show on it, and we’ll have Kurt Harris come and help us out. He is somewhat of an expert on this topic, and I’ve consulted him about it a few times. And, yeah, I’ve read that Mayo Clinic thing, and it turns out to be a little bit of a red herring. The consensus that I respect on fungus is that except for true fungal rhinosinusitis — which is what the technical term is for chronic sinus infections, chronic rhinosinusitis or CRS — true fungal CRS is easily diagnosable by the presence of eosinophilic mucin, but that’s actually pretty rare, and fungus in the nose is commensal, meaning it’s just part of the body’s natural terrain, and most cases of CRS have nothing to do with fungus being present, and furthermore, there is no good evidence that antifungal agents help in the treatment for fungal rhinosinusitis, which is relatively rare. So, I don’t actually buy the fungus hypothesis for that reason, and my view on it is that it’s probably more like chronic, recalcitrant, difficult-to-treat sinus infections are more related to biofilm than fungus, and particularly in those who have had surgery and those who have poor immune function. And there’s a bunch of studies that I’ve looked at connecting CRS to biofilm — and we can put those studies in the show notes for anybody that’s interested — but there are some pretty interesting emerging treatments for chronic sinusitis that relate to this biofilm hypothesis, and one of them is nasal irrigation with Johnson’s baby shampoo solution.

Steve Wright: What?!

Chris Kresser: Ha-ha, yeah, no joke. This is in the scientific literature. You’ll find studies in PubMed about this. So, it’s a 1% Johnson’s baby shampoo solution, so you do kind of like a Neti or a nasal irrigation with the 1% baby shampoo. And in the study, 60% of patients noted a significant improvement in symptoms, you know, reduction of thickened mucus and postnasal drainage.

Steve Wright: Is this biofilm, is this in the gut or is this in the nose or the cavities?

Chris Kresser: Biofilm is everywhere. Biofilm is an extracellular matrix that bacteria reside in, and most pathogens actually we think now. One really good example of biofilm is plaque, you know, the thin film that covers our teeth. And this extracellular matrix allows the bacteria to share nutrients and also even DNA, and it protects them from our own innate immune defenses and also from any external antimicrobials that we might take. So, it’s kind of like a protective community, strength in numbers, and as long as the bacteria are in the biofilm, a lot of the antibacterial agents that we use don’t really work. So, that explains why some people take antibiotic after antibiotic after antibiotic with sinus infections and they just don’t recover. So, one therapeutic approach is to disrupt the biofilm, and there are ways to do that topically, and there are ways to do that systemically. So topically, one way is this Johnson’s baby shampoo irrigation, and the way it works is that Johnson’s baby shampoo has chemical surfactants in there, and you can think of them as like a therapeutic detergent to break up and assist in the eradication of biofilms, and that’s been known for a while. That’s been used in the orthopedic literature, this use of chemical surfactants to break up biofilm. But in chronic sinusitis, it probably has two benefits: One is as a mucoactive agent, and mucoactive agents work either to increase the ability to expectorate sputum or to decrease mucus hypersecretion. Or, number two, it has potential bactericidal activity; in other words, antibiotic activity. So, that’s one. Another solution that’s maybe a little bit more accessible to people and a little bit easier to get your head around are xylitol nasal drops. Now xylitol is a sugar alcohol, but it has activity against biofilm, and this is one of the reasons why xylitol chewing gum has become popular amongst dentists. As I just mentioned, plaque is a biofilm, so if you chew xylitol gum, that can actually help break up plaque. So, these xylitol nasal drops, or there’s actually a nasal spray that’s called — I’m not sure how to pronounce it. It’s a very bad name. Anyways, Xlear nasal spray. And I’ve read a couple studies that use a similar solution and some accounts from doctors who are working with this stuff, and the consensus seems to be that it needs to be used pretty frequently, like up to three to four times a day, for it to work. But unlike steroid sprays, which are often used in nasal sprays, xylitol doesn’t dry out the nasal passages, and it doesn’t inhibit the immune defense of the body. Instead, it acts more as a lubricant, which makes it easier for natural mucus secretions to occur that kind of eliminate the pathogens. I mean, the way it should work is that the mucus forms, and then you blow your nose and it carries the pathogens out of the nasal passage, and xylitol helps that to happen by lubricating them and acting as a surfactant that allows the nasal passages to clear. So, another potential avenue, although I haven’t seen any research on this, is using a systemic biofilm disruptor, which would be something like InterFase Plus, and that’s a product that has EDTA and some enzymes that chelate — Well, EDTA chelates some of the minerals that are needed to produce biofilm, that biofilm formation depends on. And then there are some systemic enzymes that have been shown to break up biofilm. So, that needs to be taken on an empty stomach, because if you take it with food, the enzymes in there will help digest the food, which is nice but it’s not really, you know, what you’re taking it for. So, InterFase Plus needs to be taken on an empty stomach a couple hours after a meal or a half hour before a meal. And, like I said, I haven’t seen any studies on systemic biofilm agents like this in chronic rhinosinusitis, but I do use InterFase for other kinds of infections, and I’ve found it to be extremely effective in most cases. In fact, it seems to cause more of a Herxheimer or die-off reaction in treating infections than a lot of the botanical antimicrobials, which is indicative that it’s working.

Steve Wright: Interesting. So, let’s back up to the very beginning of the question just to clarify this for everyone. Chronic rhinosinusitis, you said, was kind of rare, so what’s –

Chris Kresser: No, chronic rhinosinusitis is actually pretty common. It might be one of the most common diseases there is, but the fungal chronic rhinosinusitis or fungal RS, as it is called, which is caused by a fungus, that’s rare.

Steve Wright: OK.

Chris Kresser: And that is easily diagnosed by looking for eosinophilic mucin, and there’s been an idea that — I don’t know if it started with that Mayo Clinic article, but it’s been bounced around a lot in the blogosphere that all sinus infections are fungal in origin, and what I’m saying is I don’t think the evidence really supports that.

Steve Wright: All right, I gotcha.

Chris Kresser: Yeah, it’s more about biofilm than it is about fungus.

Steve Wright: OK. That makes much more sense now.

Chris Kresser: Yeah, so I mean, of course, all of the other things apply, like all of the other things that you would do to regulate your immune system and not eating food toxins and making sure you have the micronutrients that support immunity, like vitamin C and iodine and selenium and, you know, exercise, all the basics apply here. But I am assuming a lot of people are already doing that who are listening to this show, and they’re already eating a Paleo/Primal type of diet, and if they’re still having sinusitis, then you might want to investigate this biofilm angle. I think the easiest way to do that is the Xlear — or however you say that — nasal spray and then possibly a systemic biofilm agent like InterFase Plus.

Steve Wright: OK, and don’t forget to check your vitamin D if this is a problem for you, as well.

Chris Kresser: Absolutely.

http://chriskresser.com/the-highly-effe ... -sinusitis

bamboe

Berichtdoor bamboe » Za 26 Okt 2013 23:29

Nog een andere manier om van je sinusitis verlost te raken: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2oJ0jdCsfs
Je slijmvliezen branden de tent uit, dat wel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WPJ7DF6HFI
Hier ook de tip om fenegriek te gebruiken (helpt om de slijmvliezen schoon te maken) in combinatie met cayenne: ze werken samen (spreekster beveelt ze beide in capsulevorm aan).

bamboe

Berichtdoor bamboe » Di 25 Feb 2014 12:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyjvPBZkLWM
How to Relieve Sinus Congestion | Reflexology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAviPBEXP70
Pyloric valve release.wmv
---
Tweede filmpje gaat over de ileocecal valve (klepje tussen dunne en dikke darm): de laatste beinvloedt ook de slijmvliezen in je gehele lichaam: ook die in je sinussen.

De ileocecal valve is bij zeer veel mensen die onder spanning staan of gestaan hebben een issue.
Normaal houdt de ileocecal valve (darmklep) de darminhoud van dunne darm (voeding) en dikke darm (ontlasting) van elkaar gescheiden.
Als die klep gaat disfunctioneren ga je jezelf vergiftigen.

Problemen met de ileocecal valve uiten zich bijv. in tinitus, onderrugpijn, vermoeidheid, allergieen, kringen onder de ogen, bursitis (slijmbeursontsteking schouders), knieen en carpaal tunnelsyndroom.
Onderrugpijn door een slecht functionerende ileocecal valve veroorzaakt ontstekingen in de darmen.
Het lichaam gaat er vocht heensturen en vervolgens krijgt je rug last van dat extra vocht.

Als je deze klep weer werkend kan krijgen door bijv. bovenstaande massage (zie youtubefilmpje) dan helpt het ook tegen constipatie.

bamboe

Berichtdoor bamboe » Ma 24 Mar 2014 6:46

I have been dry brushing for years and it definitely helped with the sinus issues I had for YEARS. I started brushing when I was about 23 or 24 and haven't had a recurrent sinus infection since.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/gener ... sults.html

I’ve been dry brushing for a couple of years. It has definitely helped boost my immune system. I went from chronic sinusitis to very few sinus problems over the past year and I feel that dry brushing has been a contributing factor.
http://wellnessmama.com/12649/skin-brushing/

Meer info over droog borstelen: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8463

Tulipano

Berichtdoor Tulipano » Do 1 Mei 2014 1:08

Science Daily (Aug. 14, 2003) — Washington, D.C.

A new study published in the August 11 issue of the Archives of Internal Medicine demonstrates a possible link between unexplained chronic fatigue and sinusitis, two conditions previously not associated with each other. Also newly noted was a relationship between sinusitis and unexplained body pain. These findings offer new hope to patients lacking a diagnosis and treatment for fatigue and pain.

Sinus disease is seldom considered as a cause of unexplained chronic fatigue or pain, despite recent ear, nose, and throat (otolaryngology) studies documenting significant fatigue and pain in patients with sinusitis and dramatic improvement after sinus surgery. A Harvard study showed that fatigue and pain scores of sinusitis patients were similar or worse than a group 20 years older with congestive heart failure, lung disease, or back pain.

"Chronic fatigue is a condition that frustrates both doctors and their patients since treatments directed at just the symptoms without knowing the cause are typically ineffective," said Alexander C. Chester, M.D., clinical professor of medicine at Georgetown University Medical Center and principal investigator of the pilot study. "While sinusitis will not be the answer for everyone who comes to an internist with unexplained fatigue or pain, this study does suggest that it should be considered as part of a patient's medical evaluation."

Through his private internal medicine practice, Chester questioned 297 patients, noting unexplained chronic fatigue in 22%, unexplained chronic pain in 11%, and both in 9%. While these numbers are consistent with previous studies, Chester observed an unusual connection between patients with chronic pain or fatigue: prevalent sinus symptoms. Sinus symptoms were nine times more common on average in patients with unexplained chronic fatigue than the control group, and six times more common in patients with unexplained chronic pain. In addition, sinus symptoms were more common in patients with unexplained fatigue than in patients with fatigue explained by a mental or physical illness, suggesting the syndrome of unexplained fatigue is more closely associated with sinusitis than are other types of fatigue.

The CDC approximates that sinusitis affects 32 million Americans. Rates are highest among women and people living in the South. Women comprised 46% of the participants in this study, but represented 60% of the group with fatigue, predominance also noted in most prior studies.

15 out of the 65 patients in Chester's study met criteria for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), a severe form of unexplained chronic fatigue associated with body pains and other symptoms. Most CFS patients had sinus symptoms and many noted a sudden onset of their illness, similar to people with sinusitis.

"We clearly need to do more research to see if sinus treatments alleviate fatigue and pain. This study does, however, offer hope for possible help in the future." said Chester.

Bron: Barbara Feick Gregory's Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Website
http://barbfeick.com/cfs/cause/sinus.htm

bamboe

Berichtdoor bamboe » Do 1 Mei 2014 9:17

Dank je Tulipano hiervoor.
Sinusproblemen staan bij mij ook vanaf het begin van mijn ziekte op de voorgrond.
Vooral mijn sinus maxillaris, linkerkant.
Ik ben nu aan het stomen met water met jodium 3 x per dag boven een pannetje op een warmhoudplaatje op het vuur na een tip van iemand.
Wordt vervolgd!

bamboe

Berichtdoor bamboe » Vr 2 Mei 2014 21:45

While I used to think that “root canals” in the teeth were the “root cause” of sinusitis, I now understand that root canals cannot introduce the nasty tapeworms, liver flukes, etc. that are the actual “root cause” of sinusitis.

Essentially, the root cause of sinusitis is a microbial infestation in the liver and/or gallbladder and/or pancreas and/or stomach, which can then spread to the sinuses. These microbes cause a liver degeneration or some other type of systemic health issue that allows microbes to thrive. The sequence is this:

1) Black mold, tapeworms, liver flukes, etc. get inside the system,
2) These create an infestation that can weaken the liver, pancreas, gallbladder, etc.,
3) The weakness in the organ(s) weakens the immune system,
4) The weak immune system allows the microbes in the sinuses to thrive.

This four-step process can lead to cancer, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, autism, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis and a whole host of other diseases!!!

Thus, dealing with the sinus infection in your cabin (i.e. nasal area), completely misses the “root cause” of the problem (i.e. the engine room).

In short, the “root cause” of sinusitis is a systemic infection that leads to a weak immune system.

The sinuses are simply one of many “safe havens” for these microbes to live and multiply.

The microbes that cause sinusitis can not only be found in the sinuses but also in the liver, the lymph system, the bloodstream and/or in other places.
http://www.cancertutor.com/sinusitis/

Terug naar “Algemeen”